SRAMS’ data and digital technology brand Quarq announced a real-time pressure monitoring device for road and mountain bikes. It is supposed to help riders of all levels to find the perfect combination of tires, rims and air pressure. The real-time system alerts the rider in the case of a leek and additionally provides personal tire-pressure recommendations. More information in the official press-release below:
Tire choice and tire pressure are the most underrated factors in cycling performance and comfort today. – Jim Meyer, founder of Quarq
Features and Benefits
- Personalized tire pressure recommendations eliminate guesswork or trial and error
- NFC pairing for fast and easy connection to iPhone or Android
- ANT+ and BLE compatible for phone and head units
- +/- 2% accuracy with .1 PSI resolution for consistent data
- Easily replaceable CR1632 battery with 300-hour life
- Compatible with removable Presta valve cores tires, both tube and tubeless, including sealant
- IPX7 dustproof/waterproof rating
- Unobtrusive and lightweight – 10g added per sensor for proper wheel balance
Once installed, TyreWiz relays tire pressure data to a cycling computer or a smartphone every second. The TyreWiz app provides personalized recommendations and pressure alerts. For the first time, riders will have the ability to use highly accurate real-time information to make decisions that can affect rolling resistance, traction, tire wear, and rider comfort.
TyreWiz is durable, waterproof, powered by a long-lasting user-replaceable coin cell battery, and adds just 10 grams. The unit is compatible with removable Presta core valves in tube or tubeless tires, including those with sealant.
Pricing and Availability
TyreWiz is available in the U.S. on June 1 exclusively from quarq.com at a retail price of $ 199. It will begin shipping worldwide on June 27 with a retail price of € 259 in Europe and £ 229 in the UK.
Words & Photos: Quarq PR